CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hawaiian Pork Chops

These pork chops are best grilled but also can be broiled. The pork chops will marinate in a combo of garlic, ginger, soy sauce, water, and brown sugar. I use a device called a jaccard to tenderize the meat and really infuse the marinade. The chops should be taken out a day or two before to thaw in the fridge. When you are ready to eat, toss the marinade in the garbage and then cook the pork to perfection. I usually serve this meal (and usually about two meals a week) with grilled sweet potato fries. I slice sweet potatoes into chunky fry-shaped slices (you can decide skin or no skin), toss them in olive oil and sprinkle them with kosher salt then grill. Corn-on-the-cob could round out the meal. If you have a grill, this means no using the oven in 100+ heat!

2 comments:

Sarah W. said...

Jane,

That sound great and it sounds so fancy...I am afraid my meals will be very simple.

Anonymous said...

Don't think that! It will be fun to see what everyone comes up with. It will all balance out!! I'm excited for yours Sarah! Everything sounds so good.