CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

A little scared!!

Okay so for this month I am doing Lasagna. But it won't be homemade. Today I was in a hurry after church to make something because believe it or not just because I have 2pm church I still didn't get dinner in the crock pot. So I go to my freezer and I see I have a pre cooked lasagna. Now alittle back ground on this lasagna. It is so yummy! I had never ever bought a precooked lasagna in my life because I just thought they would be totally gross. Well I was at my mom's one time and she made lasagna and Casey and I both LOVED it. When I asked her what her recipe was she said it is actually the Wal-mart brand lasagna! I have made this for lots of people for meals that I had to take over and you can ask Amy Jensen she came up to me at church and said...is your lasanga recipe in the ward cook book because I have been eating all week and love it. When I told her it was the Walmart lasagna she died. My kids love it. Hobbs is alot like your little boy Marianne that he is so picky and lives on about 3 different foods but when I pull out this lasagna he chows!!
So if you guys have any problems what so ever of me doing this please tell me because I will not buy them but if your on the fence then give it a try and you will like it! And the good part is you can either cook it for an hour frozen or cook it frozen in the microwave for 13 minutes and it is perfect! So I will be giving you lasagna and rolls...if you want! ;0)

3 comments:

Sarah W. said...

I don't know about anyone else, but we LOVE Stouffers lasagna, so I am sure Walmart would be good too. Bring it on, we love lasagna. We sometimes eat it for breakfast.

Marianne said...

I think it is so nice that you are worried about giving us store-bought lasagna... let me just break it down for ya... let's be real for a second... #1. Being a good mom/cook does not mean we have to make everything from scratch. We tend to over-work ourselves or over-think things in the name of "homemade". Don't get me wrong... I LOVE homemade food, but sometimes already prepared food helps me be a better mom because I can spend the extra time with my kids #2 A lot of times, store bought lasagna is cheaper! #3 As far as it being "Wal-mart" brand... who cares! A lot "Great Value" food is better than name brands. #4 And, if it makes you feel better, I have never made homemade lasagna!! (Except for catering jobs when the food HAS to be home-made) We always eat Stouffers and it is divine. So, hand over the goods. We probably won't leave even a bit in the pan. We all really like lasagna! Thanks for being so cute about it!

Anonymous said...

You guys are so awesome!! That's just all I can say...