CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 9, 2009

manicotti

Since the stuffed shells were such a big hit I decided to make something of the same this time around. I made manicotti. I will give you the box of shells and a bag of sauce and a bag of the cheese mixture. All you need to do is thaw the two bags day of cooking. Then cook shells according to directions. Then scoop cheese mixture into manicotti shells or cut tip of bag and squeeze into shells since they are tube like. Then cover with sauce and cook in oven for 20 min. or so. I like to sprinkle a little mozz on top and cover with tinfoil so it doesn't get hard. And enjoy. My kids love this meal. Serve with salad and rolls and you are set. Also, the package of shells is more than my family can eat in one meal. So consider that when cooking. I usually make 2 each for Tony and I and one for each kiddo.

Manicotti or Stuffed shells with cheese
4 cups ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded mozz
1/2 cup grated parmesan
2 eggs
1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley ( or dried)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
Shells
Sauce
Cover with foil bake till bubbly

0 comments: