CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Beef Stew

We call this stew Skier's stew, only because you can put it in the oven and when you get back from skiing it is ready to eat. Weird, I know! I don't know what to call it here in the desert.

1 lb stew meat
4 or 5 potatoes
handful of baby carrots
chopped celery
1 packet lipton onion soup mix
1 small can of tomato paste
1 can of cream of mushroom soup and 2 can fulls of water
1 beef bouillon cube

Brown stew meat in a little oil until browned. Then put it in a crockpot or roasting pan with all the other ingredients. It will take about 3-4 hours till carrots and potatoes are fork tender. If I cook it in the oven, I will put it at 300 or 325.

It will all be cooked through in freezer bags. I say let it thaw and then put it in a oven safe cassorole dish and warm it through. This meat that I put in the stew is so tender I don't know if it will stay in stew chunks or if it will fall apart, either way, there is plenty of beef in there and it will be delicious.

0 comments: