CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tostada Recipe

I am embarrased to tell everyone how easy this meal is. I guess the simplicity is part of the reason why I love it so much. So, here goes...

BEEF- Brown and drain 1 lb. ground beef. Add 1/4 cup water and 1 packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix. Stir and let simmer for about 10 min.

BEANS- 1 can Rosarita Refried Beans (the brand DOES make a difference I think) Add about a tablespoon of butter or margarine (to thin them a little) and a dash of garlic powder. Add salt and pepper to taste.

(When I make tostadas at home, I buy corn tortillas and fry them myself, but the ones I gave everyone were already fried because some people don't like working with hot grease.)

That's it!! SO EASY! I can usually have this meal ready from start to finish in about 15 - 20 mins if I cut up my toppings while the beef is simmering.

P.S.~ I really do like to make homemade refried beans which are even yummier. I used canned this time because it was faster... homeade beans take all day to cook. If you would like to know how to make them homemade, let me know!

2 comments:

collettered said...

Great dinner Marriane and super easy. Kids loved it. Thanks

Shauna said...

I would love to know how to do homemade refried beans.