CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Italian Minestrone Soup

I hope everyone is not tired of soup yet... because my meal this month is an Italian Minestrone Soup. Maybe one of these days it will actually be cold and/or overcast and we can all curl up around the fire and eat hot soup. But, since I don't see that happening anytime soon, I hope you enjoy this soup anyway. :) It is already cooked through, so all you have to do is thaw it and heat it up. (If it is too thick you can add a little water or tomato sauce to thin it down) And I highly recommend serving it with a hot loaf of garlic bread! YUMMY!

Oh, and here is the recipe (to the best of my recollection :)

Italian Minestrone Soup

1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
2 14 oz. cans diced tomatoes
1 15 oz. can kidney beans, drained
1 cup frozen corn
1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained
1 14 oz. can cut green beans, drained
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce (or tomato juice)
2 1/2 cups water
1 T. salt (or more if you prefer)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. pepper
3 T. Italian seasoning
1 1/2 cup pasta (any variety, I used shells)
1 small zucchini, thinly sliced

Brown ground beef and onion. Drain grease. Add all other ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer for at least 10 min. or until pasta is fully cooked. Top with parmesan cheese or oyster crackers and serve with garlic bread.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Marianne, this was so yummy! McKenna especially kept raving about how good it was. I've never put garbonzo beans in my ministrone before; I really liked it. thanks!

Shauna said...

Marianne, we just ate this tonight and it was so yummy! Thanks for giving us the recipe! I thought you might say...to the best of my recollection! You are such a good cook! Anyone who can cook without a cookbook amazes me!!!