CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

Hello my friends. As many of you know, I grew up deep in the heart of Texas where authentic Mexican food is found everywhere. My family does not appreciate the authenticity of enchiladas so I have to make them "Gringo" style. Each of you will get a 9X13 pan of Enchiladas but they are made with Flour tortillas. I know in the past we have had problems with the foil pans, but I remember Marianne made enchiladas and they cooked up fine for me. So just thaw the casserole out and put it in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, just till the cheese is melted and it is heated all the way through. here is the recipe...

1 package of 8 regular size tortillas
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can green chilies
1 (small) bunch of green onions (half of a large bunch from Walmart :)
Chicken...(either half of a whole chicken or a couple of large chicken breasts....cooked)
Cheese
Black olives (optional...my family doesn't like them)

Mix soups, chilies, diced green onions. Spread a little of the mixture in the bottom of 9x13 inch pan. Then add diced chicken to the mixture. Spread generous amount of mixture on each tortilla roll them up and put them in the pan. I cut the curved ends off so they fit horizontally across the short side of the pan (confusing?) I can usually get eight in there if I squish them in. I usually have left over mixture that i spread on top of tortillas and then cover in cheese and olives if you want. Cook at 350 for 20-25 minutes till heated throught. Yummy with a cold crisp salad, corn or even steamed brocolli.

See I told you there is nothing authentic about this recipe. I just try and keep my family happy. Usually most kids like this meal, even the real picky ones. I think I am the only one with picky eaters!!!

1 comments:

The Andersen Family said...

We had this last night. We all loved it!