CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Crockpot Pork Ribs

I made Crockpot Pork Ribs for October. You will need to thaw this completely and then cook on low for 4 1/2 -5 hours. I have overcooked them before and it is not pretty. Anyway, I hope you enjoy them. I will give you rice and some sesame seeds to sprinkle on top. The recipe is below. Please note that I did NOT add the red pepper flakes as I thought most families would not appreciate the heat. It is good with the red pepper so feel free to add some to your own if desired.

Crockpot Pork Ribs
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup soy sauce
½ cup catsup
¼ cup honey
2 tablespoons vinegar (cider or white)
3 garlic cloves minced
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt
¼- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 medium onion sliced (or some sprinkles of onion flakes)
3 pounds country style pork ribs (boneless)
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds

In the crock pot, combine the first ten ingredients. Add ribs and turn to coat. Cover and cook on low 4 1/2 - 5 hours. Before serving, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Serve over rice.

0 comments: