CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 29, 2008

Biscuits and Sausage Gravy

I decided to go along with Jane's idea last month and i will be making my family's recipe for biscuits and gravy. This meal is always a hit at my house and we have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Here is the recipe...

Brown breakfast sausage and add flour until all the grease is soaked up. Then add a cube or two of chicken bouillon. Gradually add milk until thickened to desired consistency.

I usually use refrigerator biscuits, but I got the frozen kind so they stay longer in the freezer. The directions for the biscuits are....

place biscuits with the flat side down on an ungreased baking sheet about 1/4 inches apart. cook for about 24-26 minutes.

We like to rip the biscuits open in halves and pour gravy over both halves. The more gravy the better. We like thick gravy so if it is a little too thick, just thin with milk

0 comments: